HomeHomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

eFolio

Go down 
AuthorMessage
r3lic222
Admin

PostSubject: eFolio   Sun May 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey guys, for my final project I created a website I have dubbed eFolio. Basically it allows you to create an online portfolio so you can showcase your work to prospective employers/friends/family etc. In a way it is a bit like facebook but its also completely different Smile

The idea is you create a profile which creates your very own website, on your site there are a number of buttons you click which open up wizard style things allowing you to add content, pages, change the theme etc of your portfolio. It's still in fairly early stages atm so there is no video/flash uploading (just text and images) and there may still be a couple of bugs.

The deadline for the project has already passed so it has been handed in and marked (haven't got the marks back yet) however I am looking at constantly improving it and using it as my main piece of showcase work when I go to apply for jobs myself and maybe even one day market it to the public.

Anyway as I said there may still be bugs so if any of you have any spare time it would be a huge help for me if you could visit the site and create a portfolio (doesn't have to be complicated) so the site gets used a bit, then let me know of any bugs or features you think would be good to add.

http://efolio.thesitedoctor.co.uk

Thanks for any help Smile

A couple of notes:

- Currently there are only 3 themes (currently known as templates) however in the future there will be more

- If you wish to view your profile to see what it would look like to other people; log out and go to http://efolio.thesitedoctor.co.uk/username replacing 'username' with your username

- The image gallery on the front page (currently showing the same profile with the 3 different themes) will eventually be a basic tutorial and there will also be a more advanced tutorial in the actual site. At the moment there aren't either but it should be fairly easy to use once you've used it for a couple of minutes

- Currently there are no email features, so even though it asks for your email address it will not send you any emails (and you cant request forgotten passwords :p)

- It still needs a bit of polishing in the looks department, I like the homepage but havent really worked on the rest of the site yet

- You can't edit previously added content however this is one of the next things to add

- There will be a security feature which will prevent people from viewing your profile unless they have a password but again this will be implemented in the future

I'll keep updating the notes as I think of them and try to reply to your feedback Smile

Admin

PostSubject: Re: eFolio   Sun May 16, 2010 5:20 pm

sounds really interesting man will need to find time to sit and have a look at this

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jemiol
Admin

PostSubject: Re: eFolio   Mon May 17, 2010 1:58 am

cool idea with this site Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Space--Marine
=T.O.D= Designer

PostSubject: Re: eFolio   Sun May 23, 2010 11:08 am

Shocked waoouw R2lic m8 ur project sounds really interesting !
u can count on me I'm gonna take a deeper look at this in next days, i'll try to make a profile on it ;-)

It's very interestin to me cause while i was workin on our site buttons, i decided to create in the future a homepage or a site for myself, just to present my work, as u said, to potential employers tongue

gonna take a look ! What a Face

Back to top Go down
View user profile
r3lic222
Admin

PostSubject: Re: eFolio   Sun May 23, 2010 11:20 am

Nice one man, the site works completely there just isnt a huge amount of functionality atm. I'll keep adding to it so it'll get better but as I said its very usable at the moment.

If you do decide to use it for your portfolio just link anyone to http://efolio.thesitedoctor.co.uk/yourusername and they will be able to see it Smile

Let me know of any improvements you can think of. Cheers for any suggestions in advance Smile

PostSubject: Re: eFolio   

Back to top Go down

eFolio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=T.O.D= :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: